January 7, 2013

Weekly Menu Jan. 7


This week we have:
Hootenanny Pancake


For today, Jan 7...

Outside my window... It's dark, lol! This is the latest I have ever posted a menu!

Around the house... The boys are dancing to "Magic Dance" from Labyrinth. Love that movie. Bracken is panting, staring at me, her cue to go outside... Be right back!!

I am thinking... How nice it will be when we have a YARD to let her out into!!

I am going... Just got back actually :) I woke up this morning determined to make the most of the last 2 days of the Christmas break, so we packed lunches and went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! It's an hour away, but so worth it. My favorite zoo. Two words: Feeding Giraffes. 

I am thankful... for the strength and energy to make it up and down all those hills (the zoo is basically on the side of a mountain) and keep up with my boys for hours. Six months ago, that would have been impossible.


I am reading... I finished the Hobbit... and have moved on to The Lord of the Rings. I can't help it!!  They're like potato chips, I can't have just one!

I am hoping... that the personal trainer I am meeting on Wednesday works out. She sounds so perfect, she's even going to come to my house, for TONS less than anyone else I could find!! Fingers crossed. 

I am looking forward to... Well, Wednesday!! Wednesday is going to be a very big day. Starting the morning off with a massage (ow, ow, ow!!) Stephen's first day back at school, meeting my personal trainer at noon, and then my choir audition that night!! I am SO nervous, but I can't wait!

Something new about me... I HATE normal exercise. I am a wuss. I hate sweating. Gross. Not that I hate all forms of exertion, but "going for a run", or "working out", no THANK you. Which is probably why I now need a personal trainer. If there is someone else there calling the shots, it's a lot harder to wimp out than when it's just you and your brain! I love going for walks or hikes with my boys, swimming, biking, etc. But for FUN!

Guilty pleasures... Buffalo Chicken anything. Oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!! Love that tangy, spicy sauce. I make some pretty killer Buffalo Chicken bits myself, I must say. I went through a phase a few years ago where I made them every day for lunch for months. I'll have to share that one some time!

Pet Peeves... Those commercials that make all men look like complete idiots while their wives stand by, all long-suffering. Why?! Or the ones that make women look like rabid sales-hounds. Not just on the lookout for a good bargain, but battling and shrieking... Ugh. Normal people just aren't like that.

PS- I love chickadees. 

1 comment :

  1. A lovely post April.

    PS Just to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Berries and Currants was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)