January 29, 2013

Butter-Baked Cod

We had a fantastic sudden snowstorm last night! From 60 degrees to 4-5 inches of snow! Colorado is so crazy. Joe and I took the beastie to our favorite dog park to play this morning. No friends, but plenty of snow! We had lots of fun, and now she's out like a light. Perfect dog for our family, it doesn't take tons to wear her out!! I'm hoping it won't all melt before Stephen gets home from school, he wants to build a snowman SO badly!! Fingers crossed!


Butter-Baked Cod (adapted from The English Kitchen)

4-6 Cod fillets
1 stick of butter, melted
salt (about 1 tsp)
paprika (about 1/2 tsp) (I love smoked paprika!)
pepper (about 1/2 tsp)
a few leaves of fresh sage, chopped fine
lemon wedges

Preheat your oven to 375. Place fillets in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. (I didn't really measure, but I gave you some measurements if you need specifics!)
Drizzle most of the butter over the fish, save some for possible dipping, sprinkle sage over the butter.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, basting a few times with the pan butter. Serve with lemon and leftover drizzling butter. 
YUM!! Marie said this is known as "poor man's lobster." I've only had lobster once, and it wasn't that great, BUT Stephen and I love king crab! This reminded us of king crab with lemon and butter.
This is actually a recipe I made months ago, before this new healthy-ness. There's no way I could get away with making it right now!! But it is oooh, so yummy!! I love cod. I love its light flavor, almost sweetness, and firm, flakey chunks. It may be my favorite fish!
Stephen dipped every bite in butter. Wow. He can do that, he's one of those people who never gains a pound! I on the other hand need to be a bit more careful. No butter dipping for me!! I think we all know I'm more of a lemon girl anyway :)
Besides, I honestly don't think it needed it :)

Shared at Tasty Tuesdays

PS- Taking a break till Monday. Trying to get back on top of life in general :) See you then!

2 comments :

  1. That looks soooo good. I don't have cod in the fridge right now, but we have a lot of Tilapia. I bet it would still be yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)