January 28, 2013

Weekly Menu Jan. 28 & A Birthday!


This week we have:

Today is officially the 7th birthday of my oldest boy, Stephen Paul Phillips Jr. ! We celebrated his birthday with a blue cake, lots of balloons, a book from Grandma (which he has already finished!), a trip to Buckaroos (a place with TONS of activities), and the selection of his very first pet all to himself, a goldfish named Googleye!
Unlike my impatient little Joe, Stephen was more than comfy in that womb thing, and we had to drag him out a week after his due date. He's been the comfy one every since. The reader, snuggler, watcher, talker, and sleeper. I was so spoiled, he was the best baby ever!!
I called him my Happy Pill, and he still loves to make everyone happy. And make best friends with everyone he meets. He is an absolute bookworm, polishing off chapter books in a matter of hours, and always ready to move on to the next one! He loves learning, and wishes he could go to school on Saturdays. Even normal weekends are too long of a break for him! He is the boy of a zillion dimples, he has his heart set on being an astronaut, and if he's not reading, he's probably dancing. I love my almost-all-grown-up boy, and I can't believe he's this old already! He'll be a teenager before I know it!
I love you, my Stephen-boy! Happy birthday!

PS- You may have noticed I only have 1 recipe this week. I'm having a medical procedure Thursday, and preparing for it is rough. Not sure how long it will take to recover from (no worries, just a check-up thing!) so I'll see you back here next Monday!

5 comments :

  1. I have GOT to get me a camera again. That last picture stopped my heart. AGAIN! (who is that talented photographer? ;-) The one with the towel is gorgeous, too!
    Happy Birthday Scoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish is good at searching the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Little Stephen is still so adorable! Or should I say handsome? Can't believe he's so big. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, especially when I look back at those pictures!

      Delete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)