December 24, 2012

Weekly Menu Dec. 24

Update: I will be taking a break till Sunday, since we will be traveling. See you in a few days!!

Merry Christmas!!


For today, Dec. 24, Christmas Eve!

Outside my window... It's darkening, and clouding over!! The snow is supposed to start tonight, and snow through Christmas morning!! A white Colorado Christmas?! I don't even need presents anymore!!

I am going... Almost nowhere, today! We have to get some groceries, and will drive around and see Christmas lights tonight, but the rest of the day, we will just be. Day after Christmas we are driving to Missouri!!

I am thankful... For snow. For Christmas. For family, and music, and gifts, and little boys. For not having any real plans today!!

Source: stellarsky

I am pondering...How wonderfully blessed this season has been. After years and years, basically our whole married lives, of just barely scraping by, with much help from friends and family, and managing it happily! (most of the time) this move to Denver, starting this new life, has been full to the brim with blessings. The ones we were expecting, and plenty that we weren't. Blessings so perfectly tailored to each one of us, that it leaves no doubt that our Heavenly Father loves each of us, individually, and personally.

I am wondering... If we, especially Joe, can make it through the next two days in peace. I'm pretty sure he's going through a growth spurt, which makes him very tired, and VERY cranky. We will take naps. Fingers crossed!!
Source: christmas4u

I am hoping... That tomorrow is heavenly. That all of my boys like their presents. That they mean as much to them as they do to me!! And that this fabulous snowstorm stays just far enough ahead of us that we travel safely! (And FAST!)

I am looking forward to... Tomorrow morning, obviously!!! This is one of those years where nearly every present has actual meaning, not just fun stuff. I can't WAIT!!! Also, looking forward to our road trip! Our boys are the best travelers in the whole world!! We have lots of fun on our road trips.

Something new about me... I used to sketch. And write. I think I have half a dozen beginnings of stories... I was great at thinking up characters, and settings, and descriptions, and ideas... but could never turn them into whole stories, with middles and ends. I still have a few of my favorite sketches too. Sketching is definitely something that requires constant practice though, I cringe to think what would happen if I tried now!!

Source: forevernoms

Guilty pleasures... This is a recently discovered one: The sugar-dusted cake donuts at our local grocery store. They're soooo Good!! Lots of nutmeg, and buttermilk, by far the best cake donuts I've had... and so dangerous! They're just sitting there in the case, tempting me every time I go to the store... no fair. 

Pet Peeves... When my boys show me things by sticking them RIGHT in my face. They're kids, so obviously they're still learning about personal boundaries, and mine have grown quite a bit in the past 4 years. But still. Back up!!! Sigh. No worries, I still adore them. :) I had a bunch of other, more controversial pet peeves in mind, but decided to hold off. It is Christmas, after all!!

3 comments :

  1. Merry Christmas, April! Thanks for a most lovely post. I'm so happy all has turned out well for you and your family in Denver. I suspect wherever you are, you make the best of it! Enjoy your day tomorrow and I wish you safe travels!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very Merry Christmas! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your day book April. I love the daybook entries most of all. They are like sitting down with a good friend and sharing. I hope you have had a safe and happy holiday. Sending much love as always. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)