December 15, 2012

Small and Wonderful Things 11

Christmas is SO CLOSE!! So today, I have a Christmas-themed Small and Wonderful Things. I'd like to show you some of my favorite Christmassy things!

These pinecones are white and sparkly, my Mom gave them to me. She has a bit of a Christmas ornament addiction, so once she filled up her tree she started on ours! I am grateful to be the recipient of her compulsions :)
Our Christmas squirrel!! He is a new addition this year. We had a pretty awful day a few weeks ago, so while I was out exercising, Stephen took the boys to buy me "I'm sorry" presents. And this little guy was it. I gave him a festive scarf, and now he lives in our tree :)
I made our own tree topper this year! We used to use a spiky snowflake ornament, but it just wasnt cutting it this year. So I used some old ribbon, leftover from my acorn wreath... (old picture)
...Dusted off my florist shop bow-making skills, and we love it. The picture is kind of dark, but the ribbons are burgundy, and a pale green and gold. 
Oh, my Faceless Santa!! Yes, that is actually his name. He was custom made for me by a lady who lives in North Pole, Alaska. Seriously!!
My mom has a few of these, and one year she bought me one! I picked out each and every bit of him while I was visiting up there. The fur (fox!), the cloth, his walking stick (I even found the stick myself!)
 Every little bird and pinecone...I gave the birds a bit of black on their heads to turn them into cardinals...



Even his little sack of bird seed!
I love my Faceless Santa :)

Last but not least, our glass icicles. It took us years to find them! I knew I had to have some on my tree; I grew up with them on our family Christmas tree, and I couldn't live without them. Finally, after much searching, we found them, and they are my favorite decorations!
Hope you've enjoyed a peek at my Christmas. Someday, when we have more room, my decorations will be something to truly marvel at! 

3 comments :

  1. Your ornaments and tree are so pretty! I just love seeing other people's creations and favorite ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your wonderful things April. They are just as wonderful as you are! Your tree is so sweet. I have not put one up yet this year. I love your faceless Santa, and your icicles and your apologetic squirrel. What a sweet thing for the boys to do. I love your family. You all mean the world to me. Happy Christmas!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 14 of these faceless santas that we collected when we lived in Fairbanks. Now,my question is: Do you have a contact for the lady that makes them? I have lost that information. Is she still in business. My email address is digbykaren@gmail.com. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)