September 19, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Cookies

Today has been a very, very busy shopping day! We bought pretty things for both bathrooms, (I've never had pretty bathrooms before!!) a computer desk that I am in LOVE with, and random odds and ends. I'm putting the home together, I promise pictures as soon as I'm done!!

Let it be known: I have granite countertops. *swoon*

I'm going to put lots of fun things together tonight for my next few posts, so this one will be short. It's the recipe for the cookies I made to go with the scones for his thesis defense. Lemons and berries are on the way out, but we can hang on to them for a few more weeks, can't we??

Lemon Blueberry Cookies (adapted from Miss Karli Brae)
Printable Recipe

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups blueberries
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Mix in vanilla, zest, and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Gradually add the dry ingredients into the batter. Carefully fold in berries.

Scoop or roll cookies into about 2 Tb sized balls.  Allow dough balls to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour, up to overnight. When ready to bake, place balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden.
Looks like I should have used a colored tablecloth!! Oh well, I'm still learning :)
I love these little cookies. They're like a cross between cake and cookies... not quite as airy as a cake, not quite as dense as a cookie, but with the best bits of both! Plenty of soft, zesty lemon-ness, and pockets of sweet blueberry. I ate three before I knew what I was doing...
And this cookie base is so versatile!! You could do anything with it. Play with different extracts and berries, add chocolate or white chocolate chips... have fun with it! I am pretty sure I will have to try it with raspberries someday...
Scones and cookies, Summer and Fall. I may like Fall better as a season, but goodness knows I dearly love the flavors of both!!

Shared at Foodie Friends Friday

5 comments :

  1. I feel like this would be like eating muffin tops, which are of course, the best part of the muffin. Definitely going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun shopping! I simply love the combination of lemon and blueberry - it's perfection - super recipe
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish! And pretty things in pretty bathrooms make me swoon :) Thanks for hosting the link up! Looking forward to following your cute blog!

    Kristine The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for linking this in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning! I found your blog through Foodie Friend Friday, and I have to say that these look amazing and got my vote! Anything lemon makes me happy so OBVIOUSLY this made me so excited! I'll have to try them. I'm a new follower!

    XO-
    Roni @ HomePayge blog

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)