August 3, 2012

Raspberry Lemonade Muffins

Hooray! Success in the world of Me Baking!! And hooray for lemons, which are finally back!! And hooray for love songs and Singing in the Rain!!

I am so lucky. My boys love Singing in the Rain. They're such sophisticated little things. *snicker* Even my husband has learned to appreciate it! One of my lifelong dreams. Their favorite part, of course, is "Make 'em Laugh" and they both get up and try to do the whole routine (I posted a video on facebook, tis funny) though Stephen will get up and dance with every number. We might have dance lessons in that one's future!
These muffins were just so perfect and pretty I decided to take them to one of the doctors who has been taking such good care of me since this past winter, since I won't see her again before we move. Which meant driving about 25 minutes away. Which meant me, in my car, with my stereo, allll alooooone... Happy Me. When we went to buy this car, there were two. One was 1000$ cheaper than this one. We picked it for its comfy seats, and its stereo. I loooooooove my stereo!!! I put my playlist on random, and it just so happened that my new favorite love song popped up. (well, more like BLASTED, but details)

"I will never stop trying,
I will never stop watching as you leave,
I will never stop losing my breath every time I see you looking back at me
I will never stop holding your hand,
I will never stop opening your door,
I will never stop choosing you, babe
I will never get used to you"  - Safetysuit

I know, I've been on a music kick lately, sorry. But this song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it and makes me want to go throw my arms around my hubby and kiss him to death. TMI? Too bad!! Kay, enough of my sillyness, on to the prettiest muffins I have EVER made! They were inspired by these Strawberry Lemonade Muffins, but I had raspberries... and changed a quite a few other things :)

Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
Printable Recipe

2 1/2 c. Flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
8 oz container sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
Zest from one lemon
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c. milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen ripe raspberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Whisk in sugar.

Stir together sour cream, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl.
Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in wet ingredients and stir till they come together. Gently fold in the raspberries. 
Divide amoung 12 muffin cups. This is a pretty stiff batter, don't press into cups! Sprinkle the tops generously with sugar.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops have spots of golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Voila!! The highest-rising, prettiest, most perfect summery muffins I have ever made! YAY!! I hope Natalie liked them... She deserves them.
Mmmm, I love that raspberry spot. Make sure you try and use the ripest, most close-to-in-season raspberries you can get, I am lucky and have a bag frozen that my mom picked from my aunt's bushes (vines?). If you use tart-er raspberries, these may turn out just plain sour, cuz they live up to their name and there is a LOT of lemon in them!!
I love them. Stephen does too!! They're a bit less sweet than you may expect, (which is how we like our lemonade!) perfectly tart, even refreshing, and addictive! They almost feel healthy... But if you like your muffins sweet, add another 1/4 cup of sugar. It's okay!
Lookee! Lemon zest and raspberries! A match made in muffin heaven!
Muffins so pretty deserve only the prettiest plate... Hello chickadee!

By the way, we also have a ridiculously scrumptious dinner making wonderful smells all over... I'll post it tomorrow. Three words: Berkshire. Side. Hash. *drool*

Shared at On the Menu Mondays hosted by Yvonne at StoneGable. I love her decorating style, go take a look!

3 comments :

  1. These look so good! I have a friend that makes the best pink lemonade pies - I'll have to show her up at the next party with these lemonade muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from Yvonne's, you are featured there1 Thanks for sharing this. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering as I write this after seeing those delicious muffins. I love raspberry muffins and I love lemon anything so this recipe is perfect for me. I will definitely give these a try very soon. Thanks.-------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)