June 17, 2013

Weekly Menu June 17

Source: mytravelingteacup

This week we have:
Chicken Fajitas
Cilantro Lime Rice
Dark Chocolate Black Cherry Muffins
Orange Poppyseed Cake

For today, June 17...

Outside my window... Hmmm, it used to be cloudy, but they seem to have passed. The sun is out and the sky is blue. Luckily it isn't supposed to be quite as hot the next few days, with a few sprinkles. We could use it after the fires last week!

I am thankful... Because of two of the medicines I take, I seem to catch every little virus and bug that floats around. Silver lining: I'm thankful that they usually only last about 24 hours!

In the kitchen... Not much planned, to be honest. I'd like to bake a treat with the boys, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm craving something biscuity, or shortbready...

I am thinking... It's about darn time we heard back from our social worker!! I'm starting to get worried... if we were missing something, I'd assume they would let us know. Waiting is so frustrating. I hope we haven't slipped through the cracks somehow!

Source: whimsandsighs
I am going... Somewhere other than the pool! I never thought this could happen, but the boys are getting bored of the pool! I guess that's what happens when you do something every single day, it becomes a little less special. Time for some of the other things on that summer bucket list. Hopefully this weekend we'll be going camping! It's been a long time, I can't wait!

Around the house... The door is open, the beast is dozing. The boys are coloring, grumbling a bit. They woke up too early. We've been adventuring in the greenbelt out back the past few days. Just a river, with a path next to it, that runs all the way through Lakewood to downtown Denver. A little bit of wilderness behind our apartments, and the boys have named it The Hundred Acre Wood. The house is a bit of a mess, I've been off my game lately!

Source: Pinterest
One of my favorite things... Classic Winnie the Pooh. I like the Disney version too, but the classic is my favorite. I read the stories to Stephen when he was little, and now he reads them himself, or to Joe. I love the sketchy watercolors and the sweet little quotes, so simple and so deep at the same time. I wanted to do Stephen's whole room in classic Winnie the Pooh when he was born, but as we were awfully poor, we furnished his room with gifts from friends, so I didn't exactly get to dictate specifics! But we did get a few things, especially his blankie, which he still sleeps with!

Source: Pinterest
Guilty Pleasures... This one is combined with "I am reading". And it's definitely a guilty pleasure. I started this new series called The Petticoat Protectorate. It's really silly, and occasionally ventures a bit too far into "romance novel" territory, but they're clever and hilarious and a riot to read! Victorian etiquette meets steampunk, vampires, and werewolves. Lots of fun. I just skip the lovey stuff :)

Something new about me... I'm awkward. And shy. And uncomfortable around large groups of people, especially women. I'm easily intimidated and unsure. I compare myself to every one and I'm usually convinced everyone thinks I'm weird. This is one of the reasons I LOVE blogging. We get to know each other by our words, thoughts, feelings, passions and opinions before we ever see each other in real life. Make no mistake, I love meeting blogging friends in real life!! But by then it doesn't matter what we look like, or how old we are, or how awkward I am in person, because we're already friends! Anytime any of you are in the Denver area, I'd love to see you!
Source: sweetruffles

Try your own Daybook! Get ideas here!

1 comment :

  1. Love your menu idea each week April. I should do that. Hmmm . . . those books sound intriguing. When I was young and not a member of the church I didn't mind books with the lovely dovey stuff in it, but it was a lot tamer back in those days anyways. Nowadays, they make me very uncomfortable and I just skim over that stuff too. I love historical romance. But I love Jodi Picoult more. I hope you hear from your social worker soon! Saying a little prayer! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)